EVANGELISM IN CRAIOVA AND TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH
1. TARGET GROUP
In Craiova, and close locations, you can find quite a high concentration of Roma people. In general, the Roma people are open to hearing the Gospel, and according to some Christian organizations that have evangelism statistics, it seems as if in Europe, the majority of spiritual awakenings take place, are amongst the Roma and Rudari. God chose for there to be awakenings amongst these people in the last years, therefore, I desire to come alongside the movement that God is doing amidst them.
2. NEEDS MET
Roma and Rudari from Aviasan, from around Craiova, but also those in the country and abroad that need to hear the Gospel of the Lord Jesus, to be born again, to repent and to be saved.
3. PURPOSE OF THE PROJECT
- Bringing non-Christian Romi and Rudari into the obedience of the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ
- Planting new churches
- Discipleship and raising up local leaders within the Roma communities
- Short-Term or long-term teams that work together with me to evangelize to the Roma people – In the first place, local evangelism, but also nationally and internationally in the unreached communities of Roma on a periodic basis.
- Quarterly and yearly evaluation of the number of decisions for receiving Christ and the number of baptisms that took place as a direct result of the evangelism activity that was done.
- Public evangelism, in partnership with local Roma churches from Craiova and the surrounding communities that have in mind to bring the non-repentant Roma from their communities to Christ and for their integration into the local churches.
- Evangelism in the surrounding communities of Craiova, in communities where there isn’t a evangelical presence;
- Periodic evangelism in the country or abroad in areas/countries where there is a high population of Roma or Rudari.
- Conducting social projects, in which their needs are met (food, milk for children, diapers, etc), that have a final purpose of practicing the goodness of God commanded in the Bible and bringing the people into the obedience of the Gospel through the practical example of love.
- Housing and food (when evangelism takes place on the national or international level)
- Necessary materials (Brochures, New Testaments)