We are praising God for the 5 people who chose to follow The Lord in baptism on June 4th. Their baptism was a wonderful public demonstration of their proclamation of faith in Jesus Christ. We were so encouraged by their testimonies and the way God is working in their lives!
Mari had suffered from panic attacks for years and thought about ending her life but then a couple from Hope Church introduced her to the love and freedom of Jesus. In her words, “I was lost, but Jesus found me and saved me!”
Daniela grew up in an orthodox background where she experienced a life rooted in tradition and lack of relationship with God. Her children helped introduce her to Jesus and brought her to Hope Church, where she says she encountered the “peace and presence of The Lord.” God started working in her life, confirming a dream she had as a teenager where He told her, “It’s in vain that you run and hide, because I will still come and take you and you will still be mine!”
Alex comes from a background of drugs, depression, and involvement in the world. Once a self-proclaimed atheist, he encountered God in a powerful way as a teenager but then describes how he returned to a life of worldly pleasures, getting trapped again in a life of aimlessness. He then came to Hope Church and met Pastor Raul, who helped to lead him into a deeper understanding of who Jesus is. He started growing spiritually, being set free and liberated for the glory of God. “Now I am convinced that God has forgiven my sins and wants me to be near Him, that’s why I want to be baptized and be close to Him now and forever.”
Razvan came from an orthodox background where he explains that he knew ‘about’ God, but he didn’t truly know God. “Inside, I was always trying to make myself ‘big and superior’ to those around me, but in my soul I was restless. He was introduced to Hope Church where he learned to listen to God and found the joy of being with Him.
At the end of the baptism, David came forward to share that he also wanted to get baptized. His parents are apprehensive and want him to wait until he is 18, but it has not stopped him from desiring to take this step of baptism in his relationship with God.
We were able to partner with Bethesda Christian School in hosting a basketball camp for the kids and youth in Craiova during the week of June 12. This event helped to create a platform of trust and built relationships with over 100 children and youth. Besides building relationships and establishing credibility in Craiova, it helped to promote & launch a summer children’s program.
- Please pray as I continue to disciple the people who got baptized; to build healthy & intentional relationships with them.
- David desires to be baptized but his parents are making him wait until he is older. Pray for him to continue to seek God and grow in his relationship with the Lord.
- Praise God with us for the new relationships that were built from the basketball camp. Pray that Hope Church will continue to handle the new relationships wisely.
- Pray for the new summer program that we are launching. This ‘kid’s club’ is an effort to reach the community through teaching English, Bible lessons, & games.
- We are so thankful for Bethesda Christian School who partnered with us during the week of Basketball Camp. We are praying that our relationship with the school and their partnering Church (Parkside Bible Church) will continue to develop and grow.
- Please pray for the “Family Festival” happening at the beginning of August & the youth camp during the 3rd week of August. We are asking God to bless these events & further our relationship with the community through these efforts.
- Pray for wisdom as I try to recruit World Racers and others for long-term missions with Hope Church.
- We are praying for The Lord to send more short term teams here to work alongside us.
- We need 31 more people to commit to donating $25/month. Please pray for The Lord to provide more donors who join us financially in this way.