It is a joy to report to you that the past few months have been filled with children’s ministry, both in the Roma communities and with Romanians at the Hope Church in Craiova. I have recently completed lessons about who Jesus is with the children at Hope Church. I am now beginning a new series about different people in the Bible. I am also leading several different children’s ministry activities with a World Race Team, currently in Craiova. Recently, we went to one of the Roma communities to present a children’s program, passed out food and clothing to the children and their parents.
The beginning of this year, we started a weekly literacy project with children in the Roma community. Many of the children do not attend school, do not know how to write, read or even how to color. Not only will this project be used to present the Gospel, we pray it will demonstrate that literacy is important for everyone. We have been called to be His example to those in need. Not only do we teach the children, we bring food and clothing to care for their physical needs. Our example of service to the Roma community earns their trust and that trust builds relationships. God will utilize our relationship with the Roma to encourage those we touch through this project and bring His chosen into a personal relationship with Jesus.
Please pray for the following requests:
- For the children in Craiova (Romanians specifically) to be consistent in coming to the weekly program
- To grow the children’s program at the Hope Church in Craiova
- For the parents of the children we work with develop a personal relationship with Jesus
- The Roma literacy program – for Jesus to use our efforts to bring the children to Him.
- For discernment and wisdom as I begin making preparations for my wedding. I want the Lord to help me focus on ministry during this time where it is very easy to be distracted.