Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to
keep oneself from being polluted by the world. – James 1:27
During this time we continued toserve those in need, especially themost vulnerable, widows and orphans.
I know what it means to grow upwith only one parent, I’m not anorphan but I grew up without a father, and my mother had to carrythe burden of both parents. Butthroughout my childhood I have seen how God has miraculously cared for us using various peopleand I in turn want to help those inneed, not only fulfilling their physical needs but directing their gaze to the One who send me tothem, Jesus.
The warmth of spring gently enveloped our little villages, and on this occasion we went out to plant the seeds of God’s word in one of the villages where we work. We shared newspapers with WR, talked to some of the villagers, and prayed with them.
But Jesus called the children to him and said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”
Growing up in a family of unbelievers, I was always told that I was good for nothing and worthless.
For a long time I thought I was capable of nothing and that I would not be able to do anything on my own. When I met God He gave me a different perspective on what I am for Him and urged me to do what I did not think I was capable of (Eli).
After two years of staying home mom, I wished I could be more involved in what God is doing here.
Two months ago, Tavi (our pastor who used to work with children) had to withdraw from this work and focus on others (there are only two families of workers here, the needs are great and need to be covered). Before this time I started to want to get involved in this work although it is not my strong point. I noticed this need and made myself available to God to use me if He needed me even though I was not qualified in this field. So we started meeting the children in the area and teaching them about God through songs, games, scenes, and scripture.
We have older sisters in the church who, due to lack of physical health, can no longer come to church. We are thankful to God that we can reach out to their homes and encourage them, sing, and pray together.
- Eli’s driving licence – God helped her with the money for the driving school and on January 20 she got the license she needed so much.
- Our church – We are thankful for the church in which God placed us and for the brothers and sisters in it.
- Our family – We are extremely happy for our children but especially for Ava-Gloria who is approaching 2 years old.
- Our partners – We are grateful to each of you who are our partners in this work (through prayer, encouragement, financial involvement). All this would not be possible without you. God bless!
- Please pray for peace in Ukraine
- Wisdom in understanding his will
- Power to fulfill God’s call
- Repentance for the locals
- Coverage for the financial needs of our family and Tavi